Become and Insider
You’ve made it to the long-term goals post… CONGRATULATIONS! Either you are actively working toward achieving your short, mid or long-term goals or you’re already toasting the great leaps and bounds you’ve made in accomplishing your long-term goals. In either case, here’s a big hi-five to you!
If you haven’t read the posts preceding this one, please click on the following links to get caught up:
- Life Transformation – Developing a Pre-Goal Setting Mindset
- Best Practices For Setting Life Transforming Goals – Short Term Goals
- Best Practices For Setting Life Transforming Goals – Mid-Term Goals
Now, that we’re on the same page, let’s recap a few key points regarding goal setting:
- Write everything down and adjust your goals as needed
- Use the S.M.A.R.T. Goals system
- Define your “Why” and keep it in front of you at all times
Ok, long-term goal setting may be the hardest, when you get started with your goal strategies, simply because they are set for so far away. Most people have no clue where they’ll be in 5 years. If you have or know a teenager, ask them every few months where they plan to be in 5 years. See how often it changes?
It is imperative that you break your long-term goal down. This is where your short and mid-term goals come from. Here’s an example of a financial goal: (Please remember that we are not financial experts or advisors):